Receiving Compensation in a Taxi Cab Accident
Taxi cabs are everywhere in New York City. With an estimated 13,000 cabs in the city, chances are you have either ridden in a cab or crossed paths with one every time you leave home. It should be no surprise that hundreds of people are injured each year in taxi cab collisions. If you have unfortunately been involved in a taxi cab mishap, you might be able to receive financial compensation for your injuries.
Types of Accidents
Taxi cabs can injure people in a variety of ways:
- You can be injured as a passenger in the cab when it gets into an accident.
- You can be injured as the driver or passenger in another vehicle struck by a taxi cab.
- You can be injured as a pedestrian struck by a taxi cab.
The key will be to show that the taxi cab driver was at fault for the accident, or, at a minimum, that they helped contribute to the accident. If you can make this showing, you can receive compensation for your injuries.
How a Brooklyn Taxi Cab Accident Lawyer Can Help
Our injured clients come to us in a lot of pain and worried about the future. Often, they are confused about what steps to take and feel powerless to get the compensation they need to recover from their injuries. At the Law Offices of David J. Hernandez & Associates, we help our clients do the following:
- Gather evidence. We can identify witnesses, get their version of events, and examine the accident scene or the damaged vehicles. The purpose of gathering evidence is to establish that the taxi cab driver caused the collision.
- Assist in filing an insurance claim. Taxi cab companies carry insurance that will cover medical expenses and some lost income or other economic losses. You have a short amount of time to file a claim, and the paperwork is often confusing. A qualified attorney can streamline the process, but you need to reach out today.
- File a lawsuit. Often, the taxi cab’s insurance is inadequate to fully reimburse you for economic losses and compensate you for pain and suffering and emotional anguish. To receive full compensation, you might need to file a lawsuit in an appropriate court. Your lawyer can gather this paperwork and make sure you meet all deadlines, while building a strong case on your behalf.
These are only some of the benefits of working with a lawyer. Each case is unique, so meet with a car accident lawyer for a case evaluation.
Don’t Go It Alone. Call a Brooklyn Car Accident Lawyer Today
Injured victims who try to negotiate with taxi cab insurers often make critical mistakes, such as admitting fault or agreeing to a settlement that is clearly inadequate in light of their economic losses. Instead of trying to resolve your dispute yourself, reach out to the Law Offices of David J. Hernandez & Associates today.
Our traffic accident lawyers have negotiated with insurers across the state and are prepared to help you. Pick up the phone and call for your free consultation at 718-407-4123.