Brooklyn Personal Injury Lawyer
Top 1% Ranked Law Firm Serving New York & New Jersey
New York City is famous for its hustle and bustle, and it’s easy to find yourself lost in the shuffle. However, when you are encountering a legal crisis, the last thing you want to feel is overlooked by your attorney. At the Law Offices of David J. Hernandez & Associates, David J. Hernandez and his team of dedicated lawyers have been delivering unwavering advocacy for many years. We take great pride in being able to provide personalized attention and hard-hitting representation that yields compelling results.
Our Brooklyn personal injury lawyers have recovered over tens of millions of dollars in compensation for clients!
Award-Winning Representation for Any Legal Crisis
We understand that any legal challenge you encounter is likely one of the most difficult times of your life. Whether it is a matter of municipal liability, auto accident, or personal injury law, our firm can provide highly rated counsel to help you navigate through your legal obstacles.
Our founder has been continually recognized for dedicated advocacy. Achievements include:
- Selected to Super Lawyers® 2007, 2010 – 2018
- The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100 Trial Lawyers
- 10.0 Superb Avvo Rating
- Recipient of Avvo Clients’ Choice Award
- Life Member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum®
Committed to Protecting Your Rights
Our law firm is deeply dedicated to our mission of leveling the playing field for our clients. Unfortunately, many legal crises involve battling industry behemoths such as major corporations and their insurance companies. Most of these companies have multiple lawyers on hand whose sole purpose is to protect their profits and deny culpability for their actions. In our criminal law and personal injury cases, many of our clients suddenly find themselves crushed under the full weight of New York justice system.
Our commitment to our clients includes:
- Complimentary initial case consultations
- Retaining industry expert witnesses to testify on behalf of your claim
- Utilizing state-of-the-art technology to discover evidence
- Personalized and customized legal strategies
- Creative problem-solving
- Cost-effective and time-sensitive solutions
At the Law Offices of David J. Hernandez & Associates, David J. Hernandez and his team have decades of combined experience successfully battling for the rights and liberties of our clients. We offer the extensive resources and honed trial skills needed to ensure your best interests and your future are protected. Our team of Brooklyn lawyers can deliver the tenacious and dynamic representation you deserve!
Call our experienced Brooklyn personal injury & auto accident lawyers today for a free consultation
Small-Firm Commitment. Large-Firm Results.
In order to give yourself the strongest chance of achieving a favorable result, you need a lawyer who will passionately stand up for your rights and present your case in a compelling fashion. At the Law Offices of David J. Hernandez & Associates, our Brooklyn personal injury and auto accident lawyers have successfully represented thousands of clients throughout the New York City area and we are ready to help you!
Reach out to a law firm that will treat you with understanding, handle your case with skill, and fight for your rights as a citizen. Contact us today to request a free and confidential case evaluation. Hablamos Español
In addition to Brooklyn and Manhattan, we also serve clients in Queens, the Bronx, Staten Island, and the surrounding areas of New York and New Jersey.
Personal Injury Facts for Brooklyn and New York State
· Personal injury under the law references types of injury to either the body or mind, and in some cases emotion.
· Although the percentage of state court-related personal injury cases is smaller, the federal number sits at around 25%. In federal court, personal injury cases are the most litigated.
· Personal injury can be caused by recklessness, negligence, or intentional misconduct.
· When courts calculate the damages inferred from personal injury, it can deduce penalties such as loss of quality of life, pain and suffering, emotional distress, lost earning ability and medical bills.
· Types of personal injury include medical malpractice and misdiagnosis, health facility negligence, car accidents (also motorcycle, truck, bus, bicycle), traffic accidents, construction accidents, wrongful death, premises liability, burn injuries, work related accidents, dog bite injuries, catastrophic injuries (eye, brain, birth, amputation etc.), slip and fall accidents, assault, subway and train accidents, aviation accidents (plane, helicopter), product defects, and conditions such as disease.
· The compensation one may receive usually depends on the gravity of the injury. Generally, the more serious the injury, the more compensation that is awarded.
· The most severe examples of personal injury include amputation, dismemberment, spinal cord damage, brain injuries, severe burns, eye injuries, paraplegia, or any injury that causes serious life-changing problems or death.
· In both Brooklyn and New York State, the statute of limitations for most personal injury cases is 3 years. However, some types of cases have shorter statutes of limitations, such as municipal cases. And numerous things must usually be done to best prepare to file a case, so it is best to speak with an experienced personal injury attorney as soon as possible. Typically, the time limit starts on the date of the injury. However, if you don’t notice any injury at first (such as in a car accident that brings problems after time – like a back injury), the statute of limitations may start on the date that you notice you are injured.
· A lawyer’s fee is usually contingent on the outcome of the case. This means that if no judgement or money is awarded by the court, the client won’t have to pay the lawyer any fee. If a monetary solution is reached by the court and your lawyer wins the case for you, the lawyer generally receives a percentage of the award. This means that if you lose your case, you owe your lawyer no money. However, if you win the case, a lawyer will be due a percentage of the monetary award. This may not include some out-of-pocket expenses incurred by your legal team.