Brooklyn Plane Accidents
Aviation Injury Lawyers for New York & New Jersey
Aviation accidents can be devastating for all involved. If you or a loved one has been involved in a plane, jet or helicopter accident, whether on the ground or in the air, you need a top-notch aviation lawyer on your side. Injuries that happen because of an airline employee, airport, or pilot neglect, or due to a design flaw by the aircraft manufacturer, can be a serious and life changing event for you and your family. Fatalities are unfortunately common in aviation accidents. It is important to have the best wrongful death and personal injury lawyer working for you. The aftermath of any aviation accident, but especially an airplane accident, is a devastating and overwhelming time for families. While we can’t undo the often catastrophic injuries sustained, especially from the loss of a loved one, we fight zealously to make sure that you and your family do not have to worry about financial hardship and receive the compensation and answers that you deserve for your pain, suffering and loss. Make sure you have an experienced, aggressive and knowledgeable aviation lawyer on your side.
Learn about your options and your rights after an aviation accident by speaking with one of our attorneys. Please call The Law Offices of David J. Hernandez & Associates today at 718-509-6816 for a free consultation.
Types of Aviation Accidents
Our experienced attorneys handle aviation accidents involving:
- Commercial planes
- Private jets
- Hot air balloons and Hang gliders
Airplanes, helicopters and other aircraft require special training and skill to operate properly. When a pilot or other person involved in the operation of the aircraft makes a serious mistake, it can injure multiple passengers and even lead to the crash of the aircraft, causing catastrophic injuries and multiple fatalities.
Common Causes of Aviation Accidents
The National Safety Council reports that while the odds of dying in an aviation accident are 1 in 7,229, the odds of dying in a car accident are 1 in 415. Statistically, flying is one of the safer ways to travel. But despite their relative safety, planes crash every year with catastrophic results. The most common causes of aviation accidents are:
- Pilot error: The majority of crashes are due to some type of error by the pilot. Considering the wide scope of the pilot’s responsibilities, this is not surprising. Pilots must take off and land safely, quickly respond to weather and mechanical challenges, and constantly be alert to navigate through varying conditions.
- Mechanical error: The second most common cause of aviation accidents is mechanical error. Design flaws in wings, rudders, engines and structural integrity can cause disastrous outcomes.
- Weather: Even with the best pilot, bad weather, especially lightning, can be an insurmountable danger. A lightning strike can cause electrical failure, temporarily blind the pilot, or ignite fuel tanks.
- Other human error: Other causes of aviation accidents are related to air traffic control, fueling and cargo-loading related mistakes.
Aviation Accidents Caused by Negligence
Of all the types of accident cases that we handle, aviation accidents can be the most catastrophic. Most airplane accidents and other aircraft accidents are caused by some type of human error or negligence, such as:
- Mid-air collisions due to pilot error, ground control error, or both
- Inadequate pilot attention to air speed and weather conditions, or other pilot error
- Hitting power lines, wires, or other obstacles
- Improper fueling
- Inadequate maintenance
There can also be aviation-related accidents and injuries involving:
- Airport liability and negligence
- Injuries in airport terminals, including slip and falls and elevator and escalator accidents
- Employee negligence
- Airport traffic control negligence
- Aircraft maintenance negligence
Aviation Accidents Caused by Defects
Sometimes plane crashes and other aviation accidents are caused by a defect in the design or manufacture of the aircraft. These are product liability cases that can require legal action against commercial airlines, manufacturers, and other well-known entities, making it of utmost importance to have an experienced accident law firm by your side. We represent people who have been victims of aviation accidents caused by:
- Defective computer systems, engines, landing gear, fuel tanks, and other components
- Seatbelt or safety harness failure
- Failure of latches on overhead compartments
- Lack of crashworthiness
Commercial Aviation Accidents
Although this past decade has been one of the safest in aviation history, when commercial aircraft accidents do occur, they can be completely devastating for victims and their families, resulting in multiple catastrophic injuries and fatalities. Commercial aircraft accident litigation can be extremely complex and may potentially involve multiple negligent parties, as well as jurisdictional, legal and insurance considerations.
The dedicated aviation accident attorneys at The Law Offices of David J. Hernandez & Associates will thoroughly analyze your case and personal situation to ensure that you are compensated for all aspects of your loss. Depending upon your unique situation and the circumstances of your case, you may receive compensation for:
- Medical expenses
- Loss of income
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Loss of companionship
- Loss of consortium
- Burial and funeral costs
Lawyers Serving Brooklyn, The Bronx, Manhattan, Queens, Staten Island and New Jersey
The personal injury attorneys at the Law Offices of David J. Hernandez & Associates will be at your side through the whole process, and we will be open, honest, and helpful discussing the options that are available to if you are involved in a jet, plane, helicopter or flying accident, or if you have lost a loved one. We fight passionately for our clients. Our service area includes New Jersey and New York including Brooklyn, The Bronx, Manhattan, Queens and Staten Island.