The birth of an infant invariably involves some danger for the child. Most often the child is born with little or no injury, but occasionally, physical problems are present and an important question arises: are the child’s health problems the result of medical errors at birth?
At the personal injury law firm of the Law Offices of David J. Hernandez & Associates, we are skilled and experienced in investigating the facts behind birth injuries and negotiating and litigating for financial compensation.
When preventable injuries occur, insurance and liability laws are in place to help families gain needed compensation. Do you have questions regarding:
- Your nurse’s and physician’s monitoring of fetal strips
- Whether a caesarian delivery could have enhanced the health of your child
- Your child’s inability to fully use one or both arms, and whether your child suffers from the birth injuries Erb’s palsy, shoulder dystocia, or cerebral palsy
- Your doctor’s failure to respond to bleeding, umbilical cord issues, fetal distress or misuse of vacuum extractors forceps
- The care of your newborn birth, or communication between doctors and nurses during prenatal and postnatal care
Our attorney team can investigate the medical facts behind your child’s injuries, help answer your legal and medical questions and fight for financial compensation in negotiations, or litigation. To discuss your case with an experienced medical malpractice attorney, contact the Law Offices of David J. Hernandez & Associates for a consultation.