Brooklyn, NY Domestic Violence Defense Attorney
Laws governing the justice system’s response to domestic violence charges can cause serious and immediate problems for the accused, and can even infringe on the accused’s rights. For example:
- Arrests are routine regardless of the facts.
- Frequently, those accused of domestic violence are unable to enter their homes or visit their children for lengthy time periods.
- In situations involving divorce, court decisions regarding child custody, visitation and child support can be influenced by charges of domestic violence and abuse.
If you have been accused of domestic violence, the Law Offices of David J. Hernandez & Associates can help. Our attorney team has provided skilled and effective legal services to the New York City area for a combined 40 years.
Have you been accused of domestic violence, including physical, emotional or sexual abuse, or child molestation? We can help.
The prospect of a trial and possible jail time is frightening and overwhelming, and New York City’s court system is big, complicated and overburdened. At the same time, the city is constantly attempting to lower crime in every way it can. Do not be a casualty of the war on crime. As criminal defense attorneys, we demand accountability from the criminal system. We will investigate your case by:
- Painstakingly reviewing all evidence, including police procedures, warrants and records
- Working with our network of forensic, firearm and investigative experts
- Interviewing witnesses and collecting evidence that challenges the prosecution’s case
Do not face the court system alone and take chances with your rights and freedom. If you have questions regarding domestic abuse charges, contact the Law Offices of David J. Hernandez & Associates for an initial consultation by calling (718) 522-0009. We are available for evening and weekend appointments.