Brooklyn Truck Accident Attorneys
Decades of Experience in Personal Injury including Truck Accidents
Legal Representation for All Of New York & New Jersey
When trucking companies put their drivers on the road, they are accepting the responsibility for the maintenance and safety of these colossal vehicles. Drivers are legally mandated to take rests, avoid drugs and alcohol, and properly secure their cargo. When interstate trucking companies and their vehicle operators fail to live up to their legal duties, disaster can occur.
No recovery, no fee! Working with our Brooklyn injury lawyers is risk-free!
At the Law Offices of David J. Hernandez Associates, we have decades of combined experience and tens of millions of dollars in recoveries under our name. Our formidable team of Brooklyn personal injury lawyers is undaunted by either the size of the opponent or the scope of the case. We can deliver the resolute and tenacious advocacy you need and deserve.
Truck Accident Cases and Causes of Trucking Accidents
At the Law Offices of David J. Hernandez Associates, we have made it our mission to level the playing field for individuals who find themselves confronting massive insurance companies determined to deny them their fair compensation. Our firm employs accident reconstructionists and medical experts to verify the cause of your accident, establish fault, and determine the full extent of your injuries.
The D.J. Hernandez Law Firm has resources to identify and prove all causes of your trucking accident, which may include:
- Driver fatigue
- Driving under the influence
- Violations of federal hours of service rules
- Failure to check blind spots
- Improper load distribution or trailer attachment
- Downshifting or tailgating
- Equipment or vehicle defects
Top 100 Trial Lawyer by The National Trial Lawyers Association
Each year, almost 80,000 trucking accidents result in injury, with over 3,500 resulting in a fatality. Unfortunately, the trucking industry is big business with billions of yearly profits. Often, they are represented by multiple insurance companies who deflect and deter liability back and forth to avoid paying compensation to their victims.
Our experienced Brooklyn injury lawyers can help you seek compensation from the:
- Trucking company
- The truck driver
- Vehicle parts or equipment manufacturers
- Cargo loaders
Schedule a no-obligation, risk-free consult!
For nearly 30 years since the opening of our practice, we have been the trusted source thousands of clients have turned to when they needed to hold negligent parties accountable for damages. If you have been the victim of a trucking accident, our accomplished team of personal injury lawyers can provide unwavering and powerful representation.
Contact the Law Offices of David J. Hernandez & Associates today to request a free case consultation!
Truck Accident Questions and Answers
What to do after a truck accident?
If you have been involved in a truck accident, there are certain things you need to do that will be vital to your health and to any claim you will file.
- Move to safety, if medically possible, out of the way traffic, wreckage, and debris.
- Contact the police or local authorities and give a factual statement of the accident so they can file an accident report.
- Get immediate medical attention so your injuries can be attended to and documented.
- Get the contact information of every driver involved in the accident as well as insurance and driver’s license information. From the truck driver also get information on the cab, trailer, and cargo (if they contributed to the cause of the accident you may benefit if they have additional insurance on each).
- Document the accident scene by taking pictures to include: damage to all vehicles, guardrails and other fixed objects, skid marks, the state of the tire tread, and the condition of the truck itself.
- Contact an accident attorney who specializes in truck accidents and will make sure you receive a settlement offer that reflects the true cost of your injuries and loss.
- After you’ve given your official statement, do not talk to trucking company representatives or insurance companies. Let your lawyer do the talking.
What is my truck accident worth?
No two truck accidents are alike so it is hard even to give a monetary range for what your truck accident may be worth. There are several factors that contribute to the value of your truck accident claim such as:
- Severity of injuries
- Lost wages
- Pain and suffering
- Total cost of medical bills
- Loss of companionship
When attempting to get a fair settlement for your claim your truck accident attorney will focus on three factors:
- Medical expenses (past and future)
- Lost wages or loss of earning capacity (past and future)
- Pain, suffering, disfigurement and disability (past and future)
While there is not a true mathematical formula that will give you an estimate of what your truck accident is worth, you can expect better results with an experienced attorney who will effectively build your case based on these factors.
Why hire a truck accident attorney?
If you have been in a truck accident that resulted in injury or monetary loss lawyer who specializes in truck accidents can help you go up against the negligent party, their insurance companies and their lawyers. Your accident attorney knows the laws and procedures to handle your legal issues and acts as your advocate throughout the case. If you have suffered severe injuries, faced expensive medical bills, or have experienced loss of wages due to an accident, it is time to hire an accident attorney.
How to hire a truck accident attorney?
When choosing a truck accident attorney look for a lawyer who is experienced in handling truck accident cases. Search online by an attorney’s name and firm to see what others are saying and if there have been complaints. Once you hire an accident attorney, evaluate your comfort level in communicating with the attorney and take into consideration how they treat your case. If you feel your lawyer is not available to you or doesn’t return your calls in a timely manner, and you feel uneasy about their ability to add your case to their caseload it may be time to hire a new attorney.
DISCLAIMER: This website includes general information about legal issues and is not intended to be legal advice. Website content is for informational purpose only and may not reflect the most current legal developments. These informational materials must not be taken as legal advice on any specific set of facts or circumstances. Any examples of cases and settlements are informational samples and are not cases handled by this law office. Contact a lawyer licensed in your jurisdiction for advice on specific legal issues.