Brooklyn Medical Malpractice Attorney
Personal Injury Attorneys Serving All of New York & New Jersey
Victim of Medical Negligence? Call Us Now!
Doctors, nurses, surgeons, and other medical professionals are expected to adhere to a standard of care for the procedures or services they provide. Failure to do so is negligence. When dealing with something as critical as your medical care or health, an instance of negligence can change your life forever.
At the Law Offices of David J. Hernandez & Associates, we offer our clients free consultations so we can discuss their case, explain their rights, and determine the options to take in order to reach a favorable outcome. We have years of experience helping injured individuals to hold their healthcare providers
responsible after they sustained injury due to carelessness.
Holding Medical Professionals Accountable
If substandard medical care causes you or a loved one serious injury or death, the medical professional or medical facility may be held liable. Our attorneys will thoroughly investigate the accident, consult with medical experts, and determine if medical negligence contributed to our clients’ injuries. Medical malpractice in New York may include:
- Birth injuries and birth defects: What was the cause of birth defects? Did birth defects result from the negligence of the physician? Did the physician fail to monitor fetal strips or fail to perform a timely C-Section?
- Surgical errors and surgical mistakes: Did a surgeon’s negligence during surgery result in further damage or injury? Did a scalpel slip cause a spliced nerve or organ? Did improper medical procedure result in foreign instruments being left in the body? Was excessive anesthesia used resulting in overdose?
- Misdiagnosis and failure to diagnose: Did a cancer misdiagnosis or delayed diagnosis result in a terminal illness that could have been treatable? Did a wrongful misdiagnosis result in unnecessary surgery?
- Emergency room errors: Did the emergency room staff fail to recognize symptoms of a heart attack,
stroke, or other life threatening medical condition? Did emergency room physicians perform adequate diagnostic testing? Could the conditions have been preventable?
- Nursing home neglect and abuse: Did insufficient staffing, overcrowding, inadequate training, or other factors result in injuries or wrongful death of a nursing home resident? Did patients suffer from untreated bed sores, serious fractures from falls, or other serious injuries?
Our medical malpractice attorneys at the Law Offices of David J. Hernandez & Associates aggressively investigate and analyze medical malpractice cases. We utilize all means necessary to hold doctors accountable for medical errors and help recover compensation on your behalf. While we recognize financial recovery will not eliminate the physician’s wrongdoing, it may prevent future incidents from occurring. In addition, financial recovery may alleviate strains you endure as a result of lost wages, medical expenses, and other challenges.
When medical malpractice results in serious birth defects, anesthesia overdose, or delayed diagnosis of cancer, our attorneys at the Law Offices of David J. Hernandez & Associates are here to fight for you. Contact our New York City law firm today.